Playing with Prints

Dreamecho had a post a few weeks ago where she piled similar prints on each other. I was very inspired, but I don't have that many prints in my wardrobe to play with. Here's what I came up with in Polyvore.

One of the easiest ways to mix and match prints is to start with polka dots. Dots don't lead the eye like stripes. If you keep your colors in the same family, the result is really cute. Lots of lots make me want some candy!
I liked mixing stripes when they were tonal. It seemed to keep the shifting directions from being confusing.


Mixing in a more complex print like floral worked best for me when it was the same colors as the other patterns I was using. The goal is to be different, not eccentric.

Would you try mixing patterns and prints?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jael Paris is a fashion genius, she integrates playfulness into her "playing with prints" making it look effortless to put something like this together yourself. :)
Jael Paris said…
Thanks, anonymous. Best compliment I've gotten all day!
Rachel said…
I like these a lot- like you, I wish I had more patterned items in my wardrobe to play with!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Meet your new favorite simple summer dress