Unfugged: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Madonna and more...

We love Go Fug Yourself. The writing is sharp, witty and always well done. I find it to be one of the most addictive fashion blogs out there. And I love laughing at the awful stuff.

However, we often disagree with some of the fuggings. We understand the need for daily content, and we agree with the war against mid-calf leggings and exposed lady bits. We love that these celebs have paid someone to dress them this way too. We just think a few of the fuggees have rocked some seriously cool looks.

Here are some recent fuggings we would like to unfug.

Maggie G. of the 1920s
Jael Paris: I liked Maggie G.'s outfit on GFY today
becca: I think she looked very creative, quirky. It worked for her
Jael Paris: It reminds me of the 1920s when lean athletic figures were in women would bind their chests and wear clothing to make them look like a column
becca: And she has the great natural curls with the red lips. It's a pretty, effortless look.
Jael Paris: The hair is amazing! Great body and color, but it doesn't look like she gave 6 hours of her life having it shlaqued in place
becca: I know. I love how natural it looks. I also think the sunglasses are a nice touch. Her lips really stand out.
Jael Paris: The sunglasses, the makeup, the touches of sheer and color all keep the look young.
becca: And the shoes.
Jael Paris: Great shoes. Right on trend. They're still t-straps, but not period.
becca: It makes the look a lot more fashion forward.

Cynthia Nixon in White

Jael Paris: Her cheeks are rosey
becca: She's really more blown out by the camera than pale. The details of the dress are hard to see.
Jael Paris: I don't think her hair is pale enough for her to need to avoid white
even so, what's wrong with pale?
becca: I think pale can work. And her hair is dark enough to avoid looking ghostly
Jael Paris: or consumptive
becca: I do wish she had done something more with her hair though. She is wearing a quite nice dress.
Jael Paris: It's hard to do much when it's that length. I know first hand
becca: I don't think it ruins the look though. She still looks very pretty

Mischa Barton Seeing Double


becca: What did you think of Mischa's two dresses with the same brown outfit? I like the blue dress more than the green
Jael Paris: They're both good casual looks
becca: They are. I like the jacket a lot, and I don't mind the matchy brown at all
Jael Paris: I like the dresses as the only pops of color. I have a weakness for tasseled scarves as well.
becca: Her hair really works with that look too.
Jael Paris: I like the deep honey color of it.
becca: If she had brown hair I would say that the brown is all too much, but her hair color works.
Jael Paris: These two looks are good examples of how good accessories can strech your wardrobe. Come winter, she can throw on a pair of boots. It's not revolutionary, but it's not fugly either.

Two-toned Madonna

becca: We need to do Madonna
yes!
becca: She rocked that two-tone dress
Jael Paris: People complained because it was rather sheer, but she is Madonna. Buttoning her up is like locking her in a zoo.
becca: It's not like a little starlet was wearing that
Jael Paris: I love the fringing. So appropriate for a pop star
becca: The shininess is great too. Again, it's Madonna. The thick belt with the delicate necklace is a great combination.
Jael Paris: I wouldn't have worn a black belt, but the more I look at this picture, the more I think that's best. There's already a lot going on, and she didn't break up the flow of black
becca: The belt is very current too so it makes the look more on trend.
Jael Paris: Sidenote: I wore my hair like that in high school. Looks better on Madge.
becca: I tried to wear my hair like that in high school too, but it was waist length. Didn't work so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Shop: Green Tree Jewelry