Pleated Shorts

I once thought pleated shorts were taboo for the young and best left to our soccer moms, but I've since come to realize they are the only shorts I can comfortably wear with my wide hips and heavy thighs. I have three pairs of paper bag waist pleated shorts from three different price ranges, and they've comfortably seen me through several summer picnics. If you're in my pear shaped boat, here are some figure-friendly, non-wedgie inducing shorts on the market.
Top: black short shorts, Armani Exchange $34
teal belted shorts, Plenty by Tracy Reese, Nordstrom $90
grey cuffed shorts, H. Chaylan, La Garconne $242
pale pink shorts, Gap $39.50
navy herringbone cuffed shorts with ribbon belt, Adam, Bluefly $159
Middle: cranberry cuffed shorts, Forever 21 $17.80
olive brown shorts, Diane von Furstenburg "Jonah", Nordstrom $175
navy wool-linen blend shorts, Alice + Olivia, Bluefly $124
dark teal shorts, Marc by Marc, Yoox $64
pale brown linen short shorts, Bebe $79
Bottom: striped sailor shorts, Generra, Bluefly $90
ivory strapped shorts, Diesel, Yoox $88
brown herringbone cuffed shorts, O'Neill, Zappos $48
purple shorts, European Culture, Yoox $48
coffee bow belt, Tocca, Bluefly $114

Comments

becca said…
I also like this kind of short because it tends to be a bit longer than other shorts without looking like old lady shorts. With long legs, short shorts just look too short on me.
Anonymous said…
It's funny, I just spent this last weekend hunting for a perfect, neutral pair of these. I've seen a lot of them at clubs lately paired with sky high heels, and I think it's a refreshing way for me to skip a skirt now and then but still look like I belong there.
Jael Paris said…
See how I can read your mind and provide? Seriously though, if you're looking for something, let me know and I'll see what I can find. I do at least one shopping post a week.
Rioco Kidswear said…
You have shared a lot of information in this article. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who contributed to this useful article. Keep posting. wholesale swim shorts

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Meet your new favorite simple summer dress