Fantasy Shopping at Bluefly

I currently have three part time jobs, but two don't start for a few weeks. The money crunch has put me in fantasy shopping mode since I can't afford real shopping. (Though the Richard Chai collection at Target is tempting.)

I let my inner Victorian/romantic teenager do some of the shopping, and she picked out this beaded chiffon and velvet top by Lela Rose and this chiffon and lace peasant blouse by Robert Rodriguez. Teenage me would wear both with a broomstick skirt, but modern me would pair either top with a leather skirt or black cigarette pants.

Summer's waning days are still wicked hot, which I've been combating with silk tank tops. Marc by Marc Jacobs' "Elsie" top has the right amount of details to look interesting without being fussy. Plus, that creamy blue green and purple are beautiful! Yoana Baraschi's "Cleo" top juxtaposes Barbie pink with a gold chain trim at the collar. It would look equally nice under a blazer or thrown on over jeans.

I could live out my 1950s hostess fantasies with this yellow rose print dress by A.B.S. Martinis and Sinatra for everybody! If the 50s got boring, I could skip over to the 1970s with this ivory Grecian inspired dress by BCBG Maz Azria. Do you fondue?

Introducing my inner goth to my current love of pleats is this sheer black dress from What Goes Around Comes Around. Don't you think it's kind of demanding t-strap shoes and a feathered headband? Burn-out velvet can be tricky to wear (unless you don't mind looking like a displaced theater child), but the funky teal and mod cut of this mini dress by A.B.S is adorable!

My feet have the most expensive taste, but try to tell me part of you doesn't want these patent leather aqua heel by Versace. Admit it. You feel sexy just knowing they exist. If you have a funkier vision of sexy, check out these black and bronze brogue inspired "Eva" pumps from Gucci. They want to be part of my sexy secratary look, I just know it. For more demure days, Christian Louboutin's button embellished grey satin pumps are just the thing.
I'm worn out. Let's get some coffee and collapse in Barnes & Noble's cushy chairs.

Comments

Rachel said…
Nice picks! I'll go fantasy shopping with you and my imaginary cash any day!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Meet your new favorite simple summer dress