Paris Fashion Week Favorites So Far

Prince of the 1980s, Christian Lacroix, did what he does best -- flashy, exaggerated glamour. Corsets and clevage, big shoulders and big hair, giant appliques and giant accessories. Is there another designer as adept at mashing together bold colors and prints with such seamless perfection?Viktor & Rolf's runway is usually a major talking point, but this brief collection is more of a blurb. According to Style.com, the inspiration for the show was pixels. To me, it looks like a mash of sunsets, ribbon candy and geometry. I'd like to see the idea more fleshed out, but I do love the pleat work on this black dress and I want, want, want these tights.
Givenchy flipped between strappy cutouts and prim office attire, giving an overall effect of "teacher's been a bad girl." Can we talk about how much I love the thigh-high boots?I have no idea who Tao is, but a little research revealed she used to work under Rei Kawakubo at Comme des Garcons. So I know she's going to be fun and not cling to cliched silhouettes. Her Spring Summer 2009 show was based on Scottish bagpipers, but there's not a stitch of tartan. You know I love military inspired details, but a military jacket made of chiffon makes me squee with glee. Look, ladies, knee socks!

Image source style.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Meet your new favorite simple summer dress