Fall's Feather Trend

Since affordable tweed dresses are taking their sweet time getting to the stores, let's move on to another element of the country gentlewoman trend: feathers. I love them deeply. My prom dress junior year was trimmed in them. I'm a sucker for hats with feathers in the band. If I could, I'd wear a giant feather collar every day.

I'm clearly not shy about my clothes, but if you are, you can still wear feathers.

A feather detail hat or headband nicely tops off a simple outfit.


Jewelry made of feathers is filling the stores. If you don't like the feather tickle, you can wear something inspired by the feather shape.



For evening, you can carry a flapperesque feather bag or feather trim shoes.


You don't have to go with full on ostrich. You can wear an item with feather whisps or feather print.



Later this week, I'll have some fab feathered items for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 10th Anniversary... and goodbye.

Dramatic Makeup

Shop: Green Tree Jewelry